How does the current situation affect your holiday or a future booking?
*** STOP PRESS – NEW RULES ANNOUNCED ***
With effect from 14th September the number of people in England who can socialise together, indoors and outdoors is 6 people – including children and infants – from separate households or one social bubble or household in excess of 6 people.
In addition, with effect from 14th October, there is now a local alert system. Please consult the guidelines about local alerts before you travel or make a booking. You can find the latest information here
*** PLEASE DO NOT ASK US TO BEND THE RULES FOR YOU! ***
We’ve carried out thorough risk assessments with particularly emphasis on cleaning and sanitisation and we’re delighted to say that we’ve been granted the “Good to Go” certificate by Visit England and the AA Covid-19 Confident accreditation, which shows we are following Government guidelines and have effective risk assessments and cleaning protocols in place for the protection and safety of our guests and staff.
As the time to clean between guests has been extended, there are one or two changes to the way we do things.
- Arrival and departure times have changed to allow our team more time for the enhanced cleaning and sanitisation we need to carry out – we will inform you of arrival and departure times in advance of your arrival.
- Regrettably, we are not providing towels or bathrobes to guests at the moment, but hopefully we may be able to re-introduce them for weekend guests. We will be providing tea towels and bathmats.
- We have removed toys, books and some non-essential items such as hairdryers and unnecessary soft furnishings. We are not providing our usual extras, but we we do provide a sealed welcome pack containing tea, coffee, milk and sugar together with cleaning items, hand sanitiser, washing up liquid and dish washer tablets and hand sanitiser. We provide hand soap in all bathrooms and kitchens.
- We provide duvets and pillows and all bed linen, but should you wish bring your own we will, of course, remove them.
- The Carriage House is closed for the moment and, sadly, Covid-19 has meant the end of our popular Welly Bank, Outdoor Toy Collection and DVD Library. Hopefully we will be able to bring them back next year!
- The indoor pool is open, but to comply with Government Guidelines for the operation of indoor swimming pools, the changing rooms and WC will not be available to guests. The Pigshed outdoor kitchen is available to guests but booking is essential. We ask guests to be mindful when using the play area and other areas on the farm (our secret picnic spot and woodland walk) and we recommend telling us your plans so that we can let our staff know.
Finally, we have modified our Terms and Conditions of Booking and Rental in favour of guests and have reduced our without penalty cancellation period to 8 weeks before arrival. In addition, for bookings before December 2020, we do not require payment of the balance until 4 weeks before arrival and during this period guests may cancel, penalty free, up to 4 week before arrival. If we are required to cancel your booking in case of a local lockdown etc, we will of course refund any monies you have paid. We are urging guests to take out travel insurance to cover any unforeseen circumstances if they are able, particularly for bookings in 2021.
You can find lots up to date information about the current Covid-19 situation in Devon by consulting the Devon County Council Website by clicking here.
Do give us a ring on 01363 866349 if you have any particular concerns you’d like to discuss with us.
We’re looking forward to welcoming you all to Devon!
Anne & Phil Wander