How does the current situation affect your holiday or a future booking?
We have now re-opened for business! We’ve just released some dates in early May for single household parties (or a genuine support bubble) in Brimbles with exclusive use of all our facilities. From 17th May (at the earliest) we are taking bookings from 2 household groups in strict accordance with Government Guidelines. Please do not ask us to bend the rules for you. We very much hope that all restrictions on party size/household groups etc will be lifted in late June.
We’ve carried out thorough risk assessments with particularly emphasis on cleaning and sanitisation and we’re delighted to say that we’ve been granted the “Good to Go” certificate by Visit England and the AA Covid-19 Confident accreditation, which shows we are following Government guidelines and have effective risk assessments and cleaning protocols in place for the protection and safety of our guests and staff.
As the time to clean between guests has been extended, there are one or two changes to the way we do things.
- Arrival and departure times have changed to allow our team more time for the enhanced cleaning and sanitisation we need to carry out – we will inform you of arrival and departure times in advance of your arrival.
- Regrettably, we are not providing towels or bathrobes to guests at the moment, but hopefully we may be able to re-introduce them for weekend guests. We will be providing tea towels and bathmats.
- We have removed toys, books and some non-essential items such as hairdryers and unnecessary soft furnishings. We are not providing our usual extras, but we we do provide a sealed welcome pack containing tea, coffee, milk and sugar together with cleaning items, hand sanitiser, washing up liquid and dish washer tablets and hand sanitiser. We provide hand soap in all bathrooms and kitchens.
- We provide duvets and pillows and all bed linen, but should you wish bring your own we will, of course, remove them.
- The Carriage House is closed for the moment and, sadly, Covid-19 has meant the end of our popular Welly Bank, Outdoor Toy Collection and DVD Library.
- The indoor pool is open, but to comply with Government Guidelines for the operation of indoor swimming pools, the changing rooms and WC are not currently available to guests. The Pigshed outdoor kitchen is available to guests but booking is essential. We ask guests to be mindful when using the play area and other areas on the farm (our secret picnic spot and woodland walk) and we recommend telling us your plans so that we can let our staff know.
Finally, we have modified our Terms and Conditions of Booking and Rental in favour of guests and have reduced our without penalty cancellation period to 8 weeks before arrival.
IMPORTANT – PLEASE NOTE …… If we are required by the Government to close as a result of Covid-19 restrictions or if you find yourself unable to travel as a result of Government Covid-19 restrictions, for example the introduction of new tiers, or restrictions on travelling from one tier to another, then we will, of course, allow you to cancel or reschedule your booking without penalty. However, if you or any member of your party contract Covid-19 or are required to self isolate and you therefore decide to cancel your holiday, then our normal cancellation terms apply. To this end we urge all our guests to take out proper travel insurance before taking a holiday with us; Covid-19 is covered by most travel insurers as it is now considered a ‘known risk’.
You can find lots up to date information about the current Covid-19 situation in Devon by consulting the Devon County Council Website by clicking here.
Do give us a ring on 01363 866349 if you have any particular concerns you’d like to discuss with us.
We’re looking forward to welcoming you all to Devon when we are able to!
Anne & Phil Wander