How does the current situation affect your holiday or a future booking?
Phil and I are delighted to announce that we are now open for business – we welcomed our first guests last week and it’s all going really well here!
It’s been an exceptionally tricky few months for us and we’d really like to thank our guests for their support, particularly those who agreed to move their holidays to next year.
While we’ve been closed we’ve taken time to carry out thorough risk assessments with particularly emphasis on cleaning and sanitisation and we’re delighted to say that we’ve just been granted the “Good to Go” certificate by Visit England and the AA Covid-19 Confident accreditation, which shows we are following Government guidelines and have effective risk assessments and cleaning protocols in place for the protection and safety of our guests and staff.
As the time to clean between guests has been extended, there will be one or two changes to the way we do things.
- Arrival and departure times will be changing to allow our team more time for the enhanced cleaning and sanitisation we will be carrying out.
- Regrettably, we will not be providing towels or bathrobes to guests for the moment, but hopefully once we are into our stride with the new routine we may be able to re-introduce them for weekend guests. We will be providing tea towels and bathmats.
- We have removed toys, books and some non-essential items such as hairdryers and unnecessary soft furnishings. We will not be providing our usual extras, but we will be providing a sealed welcome pack containing tea, coffee, milk and sugar. We will continue to provide hand soap in all bathrooms and kitchens and plenty of dishwasher tablets and cleaning materials should you need them.
- We will be providing duvets and pillows and all bed linen, but should you wish bring your own we will, of course, remove them.
- We are closing the Carriage House for the moment and I’m afraid that Covid-19 has meant the end of our popular Welly Bank, Outdoor Toy Collection and DVD Library. Hopefully we will be able to bring them back next year!
- There will be some changes to the shared facilities on the farm. Our indoor pool is now open and during August each cottage will have a private 4 hour session which will be notified to guests before arrival, and the pool will be closed for an hour in between to enable us to sanitise the pool edges etc. Unfortunately, to comply with Government Guidelines for the reopening of indoor swimming pools, the changing rooms and WC will not be available to guests. If guests wish to use the Pigshed outdoor kitchen then booking is essential. We are asking guests to be mindful when using the play area and other areas on the farm (our secret picnic spot and woodland walk) and we recommend telling us your plans so that we can let other guests and our staff know.
Finally, we have modified our Terms and Conditions of Booking and Rental in favour of guests and have reduced our without penalty cancellation period to 8 weeks before arrival. In addition, for bookings before December 2020, we do not require payment of the balance until 4 weeks before arrival and during this period guests may cancel, penalty free, up to 4 week before arrival. If we are required to cancel your booking in case of a local lockdown etc, we will of course refund any monies you have paid. We are urging guests to take out travel insurance to cover any unforeseen circumstances if they are able, particularly for bookings in 2021.
You can find lots up to date information about the current Covid-19 situation in Devon by consulting the Devon County Council Website by clicking here.
Do give us a ring on 01363 866349 if you have any particular concerns you’d like to discuss with us.
We’re looking forward to welcoming you all to Devon!
Anne & Phil Wander