How does the current situation affect your holiday or a future booking?
Following what has been a truly tricky 2 years we are now fully open for business. However, we will be continuing to observe our risk-assessed cleaning procedures as outlined below until the end of April 2022 at very earliest.
We’ve carried out thorough risk assessments with particularl emphasis on cleaning and sanitisation for the protection and safety of our guests and staff.
As a result, there are one or two changes to the way we do things.
- Arrival and departure times have now returned to pre-covid times. If we have isolating staff or guests who have tested positive, we may need to allow extra time for cleaning – we’ll try to let you know well in advance of your arrival if this is the case.
- We are providing linen (including bath towels) but if you wish to bring your own towels etc, just let us know.
- We have removed toys, and some books, but we are back to providing our normal supplies of tea, coffee, coffee pods, sugar, foil etc, together with cleaning items, washing up liquid and dish washer tablets and hand sanitiser. Hand soap is provided in all bathrooms/WC’s.
- We provide duvets and pillows and all bed linen, but should you wish bring your own we will, of course, remove them.
- The indoor pool is open, but until we review our Covid-19 risk assessment in April, the changing rooms and WC are not currently available to guests.
- Finally, we have modified our Terms and Conditions of Booking and Rental in favour of guests and have reduced our without penalty cancellation period to 8 weeks before arrival (this applies only to guests who have booked directly with us)
IMPORTANT – PLEASE NOTE IF YOU HAVE BOOKED DIRECTLY WITH US …… If we are required by the Government to close as a result of new Covid-19 restrictions or if you find yourself unable to travel as a result of Government Covid-19 restrictions, for example the introduction of new tiers, or restrictions on travelling from one tier to another, then we will, of course, allow you to cancel or reschedule your booking without penalty. However, if you or any member of your party contract Covid-19 or are required to self isolate and you therefore decide to cancel your holiday, then our normal cancellation terms apply. To this end we urge all our guests to take out proper travel insurance before taking a holiday with us; Covid-19 is covered by most travel insurers as it is now considered a ‘known risk’.
You can find lots up to date information about the current Covid-19 situation in Devon by consulting the Devon County Council Website by clicking here.
Do give us a ring on 01363 866349 if you have any particular concerns you’d like to discuss with us.
We’re looking forward to welcoming you to Devon!
Anne & Phil Wander