How does the current situation affect your holiday or a future booking?
We are really pleased that following government guidelines we are now able to fully re-open from 19th July. However, we will be continuing to observe our risk-assessed cleaning procedures as outlined below until the end of the year at the very earliest.
We’ve carried out thorough risk assessments with particularly emphasis on cleaning and sanitisation and we’re delighted to say that we’ve been granted the “Good to Go” certificate by Visit England and the AA Covid-19 Confident accreditation, which shows we are following Government guidelines and have effective risk assessments and cleaning protocols in place for the protection and safety of our guests and staff.
As the time to clean between guests has been extended, there are one or two changes to the way we do things.
- Arrival and departure times have changed to allow our team more time for the enhanced cleaning and sanitisation we need to carry out – we will inform you of arrival and departure times in advance of your arrival.
- We are providing bath towels, bathmats and tea towels to guests, but not not bathrobes for the moment. If you wish to bring your own towels etc, just let us know.
- We have removed toys, books and some non-essential items such as bed cushions and unnecessary soft furnishings. We do provide supplies of tea, coffee, coffee pods, milk and sugar together with cleaning items, washing up liquid and dish washer tablets and hand sanitiser. Hand soap is provided in all bathrooms/WC’s.
- We provide duvets and pillows and all bed linen, but should you wish bring your own we will, of course, remove them.
- The Carriage House is closed for the moment and, sadly, Covid-19 has meant the end of our popular Welly Bank, Outdoor Toy Collection and DVD Library.
- The indoor pool is open, but to comply with Government Guidelines for the operation of indoor swimming pools, the changing rooms and WC are not currently available to guests. The Pigshed outdoor kitchen is available to guests (we occasionally use the pig-shed ourselves, but we’ll give you plenty of notice if we do!). We ask guests to be mindful when using the play area and other areas on the farm (our secret picnic spot and woodland walk).
- Finally, we have modified our Terms and Conditions of Booking and Rental in favour of guests and have reduced our without penalty cancellation period to 8 weeks before arrival.
IMPORTANT – PLEASE NOTE …… If we are required by the Government to close as a result of Covid-19 restrictions or if you find yourself unable to travel as a result of Government Covid-19 restrictions, for example the introduction of new tiers, or restrictions on travelling from one tier to another, then we will, of course, allow you to cancel or reschedule your booking without penalty. However, if you or any member of your party contract Covid-19 or are required to self isolate and you therefore decide to cancel your holiday, then our normal cancellation terms apply. To this end we urge all our guests to take out proper travel insurance before taking a holiday with us; Covid-19 is covered by most travel insurers as it is now considered a ‘known risk’.
You can find lots up to date information about the current Covid-19 situation in Devon by consulting the Devon County Council Website by clicking here.
Do give us a ring on 01363 866349 if you have any particular concerns you’d like to discuss with us.
We’re looking forward to welcoming you back Devon!
Anne & Phil Wander