Essential Information About your Stay
What We Provide and What you Need to Bring
- An arrival pack (sealed) containing tea bags, instant coffee, milk and sugar to enable you to make a cuppa when you arrive together with some tourist information leaflets, wifi codes and other information you may need.
- A generous supply of Dishwasher Tablets and a bottle of Washing up liquid
- Tea Towels (4)
- An initial supply of Toilet Rolls (2 per loo)
- Black refuse Sacks
- Bathmats for all bathrooms
- Liquid hand soap in all bathrooms
- Cleaning materials (Antiviral spray, general cleaning spray and disposable cleaning cloths)
Available by Request:
- Electric handblender
- Electric whisk
- Electric citrus juicer
- Log Basket and Fire Irons for the Woodburner
Things you need to Bring:
- Bath Towels, Hand Towels and Towels for the Swimming Pool
- Extra coat Hangers (we are not providing as many as usual as they need to be sanitised between guests)
- Travel Cot for Infants (with Cot Linen)
- Pillows, duvets and linen for put-up beds if you have requested we provide them
- Swimming pants (for babies and toddlers)
- Toys, games, books, DVD’s, Game Consoles etc to entertain the young and old in your party!
- Wellies/Walking boots, (often essential during the winter or wet weather if you wish to explore the farm and locally)
- Extra Toilet Rolls
- Laundry liquid/soap powder
- First Aid Kit (sadly we are not able to provide a first aid kit at the moment)
We do not provide a landline in the cottages, however you may give our farm telephone numbers to relatives, etc, in case of emergency (01363 866349/07702 886208). O2 has the best mobile coverage in this part of Devon. Most other networks do work on the farm although not always in every part of each cottage. There is a good 4G signal on the farm, although it can be a little patchy in Brimbles.
Free wifi is available in both of the cottages and you can usually receive an excellent wifi signal. We will supply with you a passwords in your arrival pack.
DO NOTE that we are in a very rural area – our broadband arrives by overhead copper wire and we are at the end of the line. Download speeds will not necessarily be as good as you are used to and streaming can sometimes be difficult. Our networks and hardware are up to date and tested frequently, but we cannot guarantee a good service at all times. In the next few months we are hoping to have wireless super fast broadband installed.
The water supply to the cottages and pool is from the mains supply so therefore suitable for all guests. It does have to travel a very long way from the main supply in the village and there can, very occasionally, be minor fluctuations in the flow (if everyone showers at once and all the cows decide to drink at the same time!) Your understanding on these rare occasions is appreciated!
Waitrose, Sainsbury, Tesco, Abel & Cole and Asda all deliver to the cottages. Please tell them which cottage you are staying in when you are ordering. Please ensure your delivery will arrive AFTER your arrival time. During Covid-19 restrictions were are NOT ABLE to accept delivery on your behalf.
It is likely that you will pass through Tiverton on your way to Poughill. There are a a few supermarkets in Tiverton – Morrison, Tesco and M&S Simply Food. If you are coming from Crediton, there is a Tesco on the edge of town on the road from Exeter and a Morrison in Mill Street. Bear in mind that you may need to queue to get in and you will need to wear a face mask.
There’s a good farm shop just outside the neighbouring village of Cheriton Fitzpaine (Thornes Farm Shop) that sells vegetables, milk, bread and meat and other essentials and deli items. They can deliver orders to the cottages. It also has a small cafe (which serves a cracking breakfast!) and pick-your-own fruit in season. Additionally, there’s a small community shop in Cheriton Fitzpaine (next door to the methodist chapel) that sells most things (apart from alcohol) and is open from Monday to Saturday.