Essential Information About your Stay
What We Provide and What you Need to Bring
- Tea bags, a small supply of coffee pods, ground coffee, sugar lumps
- Plenty of dishwasher tablets and a bottle of Washing up liquid
- Tea Towels (4), washing up cloth and sponge
- An initial supply of Toilet Rolls (2 per loo)
- Black refuse Sacks and extra bags for the food recycling caddy
- Bathmats for all bathrooms
- Liquid hand soap in all bathrooms
- Cleaning materials (Antiviral spray, general cleaning spray and disposable cleaning cloths)
- Hand Sanitiser
- A bath towel and hand towel for each guest aged over 2
- Hair Dryers in the Double and twin rooms (4 in total) and an extra one in the utility room.
- An Iron and Ironing Board (in the utility room)
Things you need to Bring:
- Towels for the Swimming Pool
- Cot Linen for cots (if you have requested them)
- Swimming pants (for babies and toddlers)
- Toys, games, books, DVD’s, Game Consoles etc to entertain the young and old in your party!
- Wellies/Walking boots, (often essential during the winter or wet weather if you wish to explore the farm and locally)
- Extra Toilet Rolls
- Coffee Pods for the Lavazza Modo Mio Coffee machine (available in most supermarkets)
- Laundry liquid/soap powder for the Whirlpool American style washing machine (laundry pods are not recommended)
- BBQ Charcoal for the Weber BBQ provided on the Terrace of Brimbles and for the Pig Shed BBQ (sometimes we have a supply available to buy)
We do not provide a landline however you may give our farm telephone numbers to relatives, etc, in case of emergency (01363 866349/07702 886208). O2 has the best mobile coverage in this part of Devon. Most other networks do work on the farm although not always in every part of each cottage. There is a good 4G signal on the farm, although it can be a little patchy in Brimbles.
Free wifi (which is delivered to us via a super fast 4G link) is available and you can usually receive an excellent wifi signal. We will supply you with a password when you arrive.
The water supply to the cottages and pool is from the mains supply so therefore suitable for all guests. It does have to travel a very long way from the main supply in the village and there can, very occasionally, be minor fluctuations in the flow (if everyone showers at once and all the cows decide to drink at the same time!) Your understanding on these rare occasions is appreciated!
Waitrose, Morrisons, Sainsbury, Tesco, Abel & Cole and Asda all deliver to the cottages. Please tell them to deliver to Brimbles. If you are unable to get a slot for after you arrive we may be able to accept a delivery on your behalf but not until after we have cleaned after our previous guests – please contact us to arrange this before you confirm your delivery time with your supplier.
It is likely that you will pass through Tiverton on your way to Poughill. There are a a few supermarkets in Tiverton – Morrison, Tesco and M&S Simply Food. If you are coming from Crediton, there is a Tesco on the edge of town on the road from Exeter and a Morrison in Mill Street.
There’s a good farm shop just outside the neighbouring village of Cheriton Fitzpaine (Thornes Farm Shop) that sells vegetables, milk, bread and meat and other essentials and deli items. It also has a small cafe (which serves a cracking breakfast and a proper Devon Cream Tea!) and pick-your-own fruit in season. Additionally, there’s a small community shop in Cheriton Fitzpaine (next door to the methodist chapel) that sells most things (apart from alcohol) and is open from Monday to Saturday.
Last updated January 2022